SCNP Sembcorp Changi NEWater Plant (SCNP), Singapore
Case study download
This post gives highlights of the project.
How to Download the case study: Submit your name, company name and email in the form available at the end of this post.
Details given in this post:
- About the plant
ABOUT THE PLANT
The Changi NEWater Plant is the fifth and largest NEWater plant in Singapore employing several state-of-the-art technologies including microfiltration, reverse osmosis and UV to polish treated effluent from the Changi Water Reclamation Plant (CWRP) to produce 228,000m /d of ‘NEWater’. The plant is located on the rooftop of the CWRP!
This plant was developed under a design-build-own-operate (DBOO) contract which involved signing a 25-year treated effluent offtake agreement with Singapore’s Public Utilities Board (PUB). Black & Veatch provided design engineering and construction support services. CH2M Hill led the conceptual and preliminary design phase, and acted as lead consultant on the implementation.
- The plant is one of the largest membrane-based water recycling facilities in the world.
The plant will meet 15% of Singapore’s current water demand.
- The ‘plant-on-plant’ design is an engineering marvel that minimised the land requirements of the entire plant complex, as well as the construction costs.
- The variance in feedwater quality from the CWRP is catered for by a clever mechanism which manages the flux in the RO system, allowing for greater efficiencies under normal operating conditions.
- CPP designed and manufactured GRP Piping installed in the plant as perASTM 2992,ASTM 2996 andAWWAC 950.
- The pipes and fittings were manufactured using cross filament winding technology and impregnated with Vinylester resin.
- The piping was designed for pressure of 10 bar.
The total quantity of in-plant piping supplied by CPP is over 5 kilometers.
To download the complete case study of this GRP Piping Changi NEWater Plant Project Submit your name, company name and company email below and we will personally email you the PDF from our end
Most popular posts this week:
- GRP Piping
- Download Case Study Southern Seawater Desalination Plant (SSDP), Perth, Australia
- Special Fittings: Ducts, Headers
- Tata Chemicals testimonial: Chemical Process Piping Pvt Ltd
- FRP GRP Stacks Chemical Process Piping
Connect with us across our company pages:
Disclaimer and adherence guidelines:
The details of this website and any and all form of communication available in the PDF sent from our end too, will be at all times, the copyrights of Chemical Process Piping Pvt. Ltd. (CPP) only. Once we receive your name and company email (please note: we will not send the pdf’s if it is a non-company email for eg. gmail, yahoo, aol, etc will not be considered as official emails) requesting the case study PDF, it will be our discretion to decide whether we will share the same with you only after deciding that there might not be any conflict of interest or harm in any manner to our organization and or to our clients. In case we feel there is an issue to us or our clients by sharing it with you, we will not do so and it is not debatable. None of this content will be re-used, re-published or produced by you under any circumstances.
Once you receive the said PDF from our end, write to us for any and all queries at sales(at)cppiping.com.
We are glad to answer your queries if any and we look forward to a wonderful connect with you in the coming years.
We at CPP, are always grateful for such wonderful testimonials from our esteemed clients @TataChemicals THANK YOU.
— CPP Pvt. Ltd. (@GRE_GRP_Pipes) September 19, 2019